– by Mary May Larmoyeux –
Valentine’s Day is almost here with its promise of chocolate candy, long-stemmed roses, and never-ending love.
For many Valentine’s Day is filled with heartfelt pledges and hopes for tomorrow. But for others … it’s just a cruel reminder of shattered dreams.
For those of us women who work outside of the home, here are seven Valentine’s Day ideas for the office:
1. Think of someone at work who might be feeling unloved. Surprise her by anonymously putting a long-stemmed rose on her desk.
2. Take a girlfriend to lunch who won’t have a Valentine’s Day date with her hubby or boyfriend.
3. Make some heart-shaped cookies for the entire office.
4. Anonymously place a small heart-shaped box of candy on the women’s desks in your area.
5. Organize a group luncheon for the single women in your office.
6. Has a woman you work with been widowed recently? Send her a note to let her know that you will be praying for her on Valentine’s Day.
7. Print the words of 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (The Message) on a card. Place this in a prominent place on your desk and read it frequently to remind yourself to show true love:
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
What idea do you have for showing Christ’s love to others in the office on Valentine’s Day?
Post and photos © 2015 by Mary May Larmoyeux. All rights reserved.
Mary is the co-author of The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect With Your Grandchild’s Heart.